Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Talk Less, Say More
 
ckcarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Moab Utah. Home of wierd red & orange radioactive stuff... And 1 billion tourists.
Posts: 13,234
Garage
Air Conditioning

I bought a 2006 997 in February.
Checked everything, made one bad assumption.

Now that it's 100 f. I take the car for a drive and "poof" cold air, then none.
Also, the front fans now run full speed as soon as I start the car. I know there's some relationship between them and the compressor..

Any ideas where to begin looking in a somewhat logical order?
(I already tried a refrigerant fluid refill).

Thanks!

__________________
cRaIg CaRr
2000 Dyna FXDX, 2001 Sportster Sport, 2000 R1100S,2007 R1200S,2015 rNineT,2015 Gold Wing,2023 R1250RS, 2026 S1000XR, 2017 Triumph T100, 2019 Jeep Rubicon, 2005 Jeep Sport, 2006 Porsche Carrera, 1978 Porsche 928. 2001 GMC Sierra, 22 pairs of shoes. 24 bottles of beer.
Old 06-25-2026, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Porsche 911 Carrera S
 
OldSharp997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 71
It might be the refrigerant pressure sensing switch.
My mechanic replaced mine (and the drier) after similar symptoms.
__________________
________________________________
John - 2005 C2S 997.1 at ~82k mi
Old 06-26-2026, 02:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
MiamiTurbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Miami
Posts: 470
So hot outside its crazy and we are still in June... Have you figured this out yet?
__________________
wanabe911 owner
1974 914 2156cc project
2005 Lotus Elise Original owner
2002 996TT Tip
Old 06-30-2026, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Talk Less, Say More
 
ckcarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Moab Utah. Home of wierd red & orange radioactive stuff... And 1 billion tourists.
Posts: 13,234
Garage
No, I haven't.
Been doing a lot of research. It seems like a ruptured line somewhere, or blown O ring.
There's a surprising lack of information on YouTube regarding details of the 997.1 air conditioning. I did find one where there was a UV type dye put into the system and then it could be seen from some piping under the body...

I'd have thought as the cars are getting older there might be more information. Maybe this isn't that common...

Maybe I'm wrong. Here's one that helps.


__________________
cRaIg CaRr
2000 Dyna FXDX, 2001 Sportster Sport, 2000 R1100S,2007 R1200S,2015 rNineT,2015 Gold Wing,2023 R1250RS, 2026 S1000XR, 2017 Triumph T100, 2019 Jeep Rubicon, 2005 Jeep Sport, 2006 Porsche Carrera, 1978 Porsche 928. 2001 GMC Sierra, 22 pairs of shoes. 24 bottles of beer.

Last edited by ckcarr; 07-05-2026 at 10:16 AM..
Old 07-05-2026, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:02 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.