Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Andalucia, Spain
Posts: 71
Garage
997.2 Cruise Control Install

Installed the factory cruise control stalk... going to Porsche to have it programmed next week. Everything I've read said, assuming no issues, it should be about a 1/2 hour job. Is that correct?

I fully understand each hour started is a full hour charge. The first Porsche shop I spoke with quoted me minimum 2 hours shop time; not going there regardless because of availability, but is that reasonable? I understand if they get in there and start getting fault codes that the final cost will change, but seems like a haevy minimum charge for what should be a fairly straightforward programming.

Appreciate any thoughts.



Old 08-24-2026, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
JFP in PA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth.............
Posts: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish76 View Post
Installed the factory cruise control stalk... going to Porsche to have it programmed next week. Everything I've read said, assuming no issues, it should be about a 1/2 hour job. Is that correct?

I fully understand each hour started is a full hour charge. The first Porsche shop I spoke with quoted me minimum 2 hours shop time; not going there regardless because of availability, but is that reasonable? I understand if they get in there and start getting fault codes that the final cost will change, but seems like a haevy minimum charge for what should be a fairly straightforward programming.

Appreciate any thoughts.


If it takes them half an hour, they stopped to have coffee, 5 min is more like it............
__________________
Accrochez-vous bien de vos rêves..........."
Old 09-17-2026, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2026
Posts: 4
Half an hour is realistic if everything goes clean, 2 hours is dealer padding.

Old 09-18-2026, 02:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:16 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.