|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 639
|
Bypass valve clearance
Ok, I posted this in the 924/944/968 forum, thinking more people would see it there, but still got no response. So I'll post it here and hope that somebody who knows the answer will see it here:
Does anyone know how much clearance there is between the bypass valve and the hood? I'm pretty sure mine has failed, and I would like to replace it with the valve in the link below. It was designed as a direct replacement for the 25mm Bosch valve, but it's a bit taller than the Bosch valve, so I'm not sure it will fit. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TXS%2DRBV%2D25&N= 400350+311294&autoview=sku |
||
|
|
|
|
Super Moderator
|
is there any reason why you want the summit one?
i know for a fact that this one fits and works properly for the 951; http://www.*****************.com/product_p/ebdv18-b.htm or if you want the polished look; http://www.*****************.com/product_p/ebdv18-s.htm
__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 200
|
Get an updated stock one: http://www.*****************.com/product_p/pp993.110.337.50.htm
Unless you really feel the need for more bling. It'll probably last the rest of the life of your car. -Ian
__________________
Stock 1988 951, TT aero wipers |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 3,786
|
Ditto what Ian says... there is a lot of hoopla about cbvs.... the stock ones are just fine. I'd use the money for something else... (and I did....)
__________________
Mike PCA Golden Gate Region Porsche Racing Club #4 BMWCCA NASA |
||
|
|
|
|
Cars & Coffee Killer
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: State of Failure
Posts: 32,246
|
That one looks a little tall to me. I got the billet piston-type BOV from Lindsey Racing.
__________________
Some Porsches long ago...then a wankle... 5 liters of VVT fury now -Chris "There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security." |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
I installed an HKS SSQV.
If you want to talk no room.........that thing leaves you no room. Any of the bypass valves mentioned will work well. The original valve was slightly under engineered. A rubber diaphram will tear it is not if but when...... The updated 993 by pass valve will work just fine if cost is an issue.
__________________
Alex - PCA Polar Region - Boxster Muncher 86' 944 Turbo - Megasquirt - 326 rwhp/340lbft @ 18 psi SOLD www.edmontonhomelife.com www.edmontonrealestate.ws |
||
|
|
|
|