Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
North Coast Cab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,425
Garage
Caliper Rebuild

Trying to rebuild some 951 calipers and I can't find the kits. Pelican says "unavailable" in their catalog. Where do I go?

Thanks, John

__________________
1985.5 944 GTS
Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan...
Posts: 43
Dealer Parts

I had to rehab my calipers and all the parts were available from the dealer. Liners, seals and pistons. Porsche only sells the soft parts with the purchase of a new piston. A new piston and seal set was about $50. While I was researching calipers, I found piston diameters varied from year to year.

The Road salt had corroded the aluminum behind the stainless steel liners and the pads could not move.

How Porsche...
__________________
'86 951, MAF, K27, 46 tial, 3" ext
'84 Audi Coupe
'87 Audi 5000 QT (QLCC chip)
'89 Merkur Scorpio 5 speed RIP
Old 11-03-2005, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brighton UK since 11/2012
Posts: 3,170
If only the pad sliders were jamming, then there's no need to rebuild the calipers. The sliders and bolts are availble seperately.
.
__________________
From November 2012; Precision Porsche Specialist
Sussex UK, +44 (0)1825-721-205
2001-2012 Gerber Motorsport Inc. 206-352-6911
07.15.06 1996 Ducati 900SP. Suprisingly enough, it's red
08.16.09 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100. Green.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
Does Porsche use Brembo seals and dust shields? The caliper is a Brembo.

I have to replace my rear caliper about every 15 track events. It is a freebie (due to guarantee) but I am tired of doing it. Think I'm going to purchase the Brembo kit from Paragon. The seals and boot are about $13 each.
__________________
Lawrence
1986 951
2002 SLK32 AMG
1987 328GTS
2011 528i
Old 11-04-2005, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Autobahn Garage
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,546
Go to stoptech.com I got all the parts for my rebuild there. Much better price than the dealer!!
__________________
T Tanner
76, 911s w/ Webers
76, 914/4
57, Speedster
Old 11-06-2005, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 116
Truechoice lists the individual seals on their website. www.truechoice.com. I purchased from them and they were inexpensive.
__________________
C Groth
'86 944 Turbo track car
'87 944 Turbo daily driver #1
'86 944 Turbo #2
Old 12-03-2005, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
..P ..P is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 455
I've found Gibbs to be very effective in loosening up and maintaining aluminum parts, and it's great for brake pistons too. Press the piston in with a C clamp, give it a good shot of Gibbs, it works for me.


http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=426130&messageid=1126987073

__________________
1983 928S 5-speed, 1984 944, 1990 944S2 Cabriolet
My other car is a Chris Craft Commander
http://www.chriscraftcommander.com
Old 12-06-2005, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:50 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.