|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17
|
no oil pressure
Hope someone can help me.
I changed my water pump and now I have no oil pressure (it was fine before I changed it). I torrqued the crankshaft bolt to 154 ft lbs. I took everything back apart and for a black plastic washer (I guess this is what it is it is quite disfigured). It was located behind the timing belt pulley on the crankshaft and in front of the washer in front of the oil pump housing. Any info would be great. George Cox |
||
|
|
|
|
winter-hater club member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: salt lake city, utah
Posts: 24,705
|
did you knock the connector off of the oil pressure sender?
__________________
2000 Corvette - ????, 2007 Buell XB9R - Astrid, 1996 Discovery - Piglet, 2000 Forester "COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17
|
Thanks for the reply . Wish it was that simple.
George Cox |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 748
|
The disfigured washer that you are talking about needs to be green and pliable. You can get a new one from pelican parts for chump change and put back together. You didn't mess with anything else when you did the pump?
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17
|
thx for the reply. pelican parts has this item listed in the waterpump section (I would have bought it otherwise). Any hints on removing a stuck woodruff key?
George Cox |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Have you tried to prime the oil pump........they can loose there prime if they have been sitting for a while...
__________________
Alex - PCA Polar Region - Boxster Muncher 86' 944 Turbo - Megasquirt - 326 rwhp/340lbft @ 18 psi SOLD www.edmontonhomelife.com www.edmontonrealestate.ws |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Make sure you have the pulley that turns the power steering pump (if applicable) is seated flush at the base of the crankshaft. If it is off center even putting the correct amount of torque, it will not engage the oil pump. The best way to tell is to remove the pulley and look and see if there is a crescent moon imprint from not being put on flush. (I can post a picture later tonight if you need a visual reference, just let me know.)
Regarding the woodruff key, take a small flat head screwdriver and with a hammer gently tap on one side of the key so that it “see-saw’s” itself out. From there you should be able get it with a pair of pliers.
__________________
'08 BMW e90 335i 6MT stock [aka 'take two'] '12 Dodge Durango [family hauler] '86 951 (K&N Cone, Welt Chips, Tial, Zeitronix, P&P O-ring PH Head, WFHG, AFPR) [in storage] |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: L.I. N.Y.
Posts: 142
|
I have seen this many times, The bottom crank pulley must have been removed .When this happend there is a collar behind it that has fine teeth on the back. If it slid out of the oil pump you will have no oil pressure no matter how tight you torque the pulley.
Richie |
||
|
|
|