Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 38
Could it be my DME?

I have an 88 951 that I finally got back together after doing a headgasket and some other items and it won't start! This thing ran before I did the headgasket. The fuel pump runs fine. There is apparently enough pressure because a quick test of the injectors into a container shows a good spray pattern when hooked to the fuel rail. The injectors are getting a signal to fire, the "noid" light flashes like it should when cranking. The one thing I have found is the spark is strange. With a spark tester connected inline with the dist. cap I will get two good sparks during cranking and then no more! Any ideas? Could it be the DME? I'm about ready to give up...

Old 11-19-2005, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
Did you reverse the crank position and rpm leads near the firewall?
__________________
Lawrence
1986 951
2002 SLK32 AMG
1987 328GTS
2011 528i

Last edited by Lawrence Coppari; 11-20-2005 at 03:10 AM..
Old 11-20-2005, 03:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 38
I tried them both ways, no difference. Would the DME still fire the injectors without a signal from these reference sensors? I checked both of them with an Ohm-meter and they checked out OK.

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 38
FOUND IT! Turns out when I installed the fuel injector wire harness that I made in pins 14 & 15 of the DME plug pin 21 found it's way out. I found it by checking the wires that report directly to the KLR from the DME. Simple as that but what a pain in the butt it has been! Thanks to all for the help!

Old 11-20-2005, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:22 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.