|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Got me a Turbo
Hey everyone! Well I'm not new to Pelican Forums but I' def new to 944's. I just picked up this 86 Turbo. With 167000 miles. What do you guys think?
__________________
1982 RoW 3.0 911 1999 996 |
||
|
|
|
|
Moderator
|
Are you sure that's an 86? If so, looks like it's got a lot of work done...
Ahmet
__________________
Cheers! |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
|
Nice looking car. But if you saw mine you might not take that as a compliment..... But I meant it as a compliment. Enjoy it. I certainly enjoy mine.
__________________
Lawrence 1986 951 2002 SLK32 AMG 1987 328GTS 2011 528i |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Thanks guys! sorry for the delayed response i was having lunch. Yes it def an 86. Yeah it's been repainted. No accidents. I got it from the original owner, and it used to be white, but it'll do. The prob I'm having is the power windows wont roll down. Any ideas?
__________________
1982 RoW 3.0 911 1999 996 |
||
|
|
|
|
Ornery Bastard
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Sound
Posts: 2,880
|
Quote:
I think the reason a lot of us are wondering about the '86 year is because those wheels weren't available in '86, they're the wrong offset and don't fit the '86 cars without an adaptor.
__________________
--------- Silver 1998 Volvo S70 T5 <- Daily (Anja) Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen) White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
yeah the wheels came off a 90's car. you're very right.
__________________
1982 RoW 3.0 911 1999 996 |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Quote:
__________________
1982 RoW 3.0 911 1999 996 |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
|
I'll post a photo tomorrow. It's happy hour now and I can't figure which end of the camera to look through.
__________________
Lawrence 1986 951 2002 SLK32 AMG 1987 328GTS 2011 528i |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Looks very nice..........
__________________
Alex - PCA Polar Region - Boxster Muncher 86' 944 Turbo - Megasquirt - 326 rwhp/340lbft @ 18 psi SOLD www.edmontonhomelife.com www.edmontonrealestate.ws |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
|
Here it is. Looks bad but runs well.
__________________
Lawrence 1986 951 2002 SLK32 AMG 1987 328GTS 2011 528i |
||
|
|
|
|
winter-hater club member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: salt lake city, utah
Posts: 24,705
|
is that a roll cage in there?
__________________
2000 Corvette - ????, 2007 Buell XB9R - Astrid, 1996 Discovery - Piglet, 2000 Forester "COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2
|
Did you get this car from a guy in the Redondo Beach area. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? If this is the car I think it is, the interior is pretty rough and the steering rack had issues but the engine looked like it was well maintained. Do yourself a favor and replace the purple window tint.
Last edited by Rick951; 12-04-2005 at 08:21 PM.. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Ornery Bastard
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Sound
Posts: 2,880
|
It probably is a roll cage. From what I hear Lawrence is pretty involved with track driving events and is a rather good driver.
__________________
--------- Silver 1998 Volvo S70 T5 <- Daily (Anja) Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen) White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
|
Thanks AaronM. Yes, it is a roll cage. I try to do a track event every month. The missing fog lamp is a second oil cooler that is covered in cold weather.
__________________
Lawrence 1986 951 2002 SLK32 AMG 1987 328GTS 2011 528i |
||
|
|
|
|
Moderator
|
Lawrence, are you coming to VIR this weekend? I'm going to be running in the advanced group with them, nearly 12 hours of track time with my new turbo S (I had my 87 turbo track car on last month @rockingham).
Here are the cars I speak of: The turbo S: ![]() The 87 track car: ![]() Hope to see you there!
__________________
Cheers! |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
|
No 1.2, my next event is Road Atlanta in January. Skipping December due to travel and car yearly maintenance/repairs. Good looking cars.
__________________
Lawrence 1986 951 2002 SLK32 AMG 1987 328GTS 2011 528i |
||
|
|
|
|
Moderator
|
Thanks on the cars, I already sold the 87 track car, but I'm having too much fun with the turbo S (lots of things already on the car, and more on the way).
Hope to see you around then, I really enjoyed Road Atlanta, maybe I'll run that again soon. Take care. Ahmet
__________________
Cheers! |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 200
|
I was going to ask the same question. The owner was asking $6k I believe when I looked at it and the interior didn't look so hot and something was whacky with the steering. I ended up buying a newer(88) 951 with fewer miles, but probably just as many little problems. The exterior paint was really nice, though.
-Ian Quote:
__________________
Stock 1988 951, TT aero wipers |
||
|
|
|
|
Moderator
|
Who are you doing Road Atlanta with in January? I would love to go to Road Atlanta again with my S, VIR was a blast last weekend;
![]() Ahmet
__________________
Cheers! |
||
|
|
|