Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Sirius Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 248
Garage
Porsche Crest A few Q's

Okay i had to start a new thread since I have a few Q's. What kinda gas should I run in my 86' Turbo? How many quarts of oil does it use? and What are common issues with these cars? TIA!

__________________
1982 RoW 3.0 911
1999 996
Old 12-02-2005, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Sound
Posts: 2,880
Run 91 pump octane at a _minimum_. 93 if you can get it.

It takes over 6 quarts of oil, most people here use Mobil 1 or another brand of full synthetic in our 951.

Common issues? Normal 944 issues really. Look here at the buyer's guide: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/944_buyers_guide/944_buyers_guide.htm
__________________
---------
Silver 1998 Volvo S70 T5 <- Daily (Anja)
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 12-02-2005, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
FSAEracer03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Front Royal, VA
Posts: 91
Send a message via AIM to FSAEracer03
~6.7 quarts if my memory serves me.

Aaron, you chose the same name for your 914 that I did for my 951. German for "temptress." I saw that and knew it was accurate haha
__________________
Kevin Reagan

1987 Guards Red 951 (Lorelei-- the 18psi temptress)
247whp/299wtq @16psi ...312wtq at 18psi, mmmm, torque!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Sound
Posts: 2,880
Quote:
Originally posted by FSAEracer03
~6.7 quarts if my memory serves me.

Aaron, you chose the same name for your 914 that I did for my 951. German for "temptress." I saw that and knew it was accurate haha
Lorelei chose me, and then when I tried to sell her, she came back to me. I'm considering changing the 951's name from "Gretchen" to "B*tch" after her last trip to the mechanic's.

Lorelei was the name of a siren in Germanic myth who lured sailors to their deaths on rocks in the Rhine river. I figured it was appropriate, and that also explains why it's synonymous with "temptress" now.
__________________
---------
Silver 1998 Volvo S70 T5 <- Daily (Anja)
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 12-03-2005, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered
 
FSAEracer03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Front Royal, VA
Posts: 91
Send a message via AIM to FSAEracer03
Yessir, it's a fascinating story... and an accurate one for my Lorelei.

Gretchen loosely translated means "*****" though, doesn't it? That or "my parents hated me when I was named."

__________________
Kevin Reagan

1987 Guards Red 951 (Lorelei-- the 18psi temptress)
247whp/299wtq @16psi ...312wtq at 18psi, mmmm, torque!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:37 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.