|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 11
|
What CPU is used in the KLR box?
Does anybody know the type of CPU used in the KLR box? It looks like a 8048 but it could also be a 8041 or something similar....
|
||
|
|
|
|
winter-hater club member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: salt lake city, utah
Posts: 24,705
|
what do you have in mind?
__________________
2000 Corvette - ????, 2007 Buell XB9R - Astrid, 1996 Discovery - Piglet, 2000 Forester "COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 11
|
I want to replace the 2 Bar version of the pressure sensor with a 2.5 Bar version to allow the KLR to modulate pressure above 1 Bar (2 Bar abs.). Therefore I have to change sensor mapping algorithm. And therefore I have to disassemble the code first. And some opcodes are different between the 8041 and the 8048. I could do that part faster if I would definitely know the CPU type.
Last edited by Transaxle; 12-12-2005 at 10:26 AM.. |
||
|
|
|
|
winter-hater club member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: salt lake city, utah
Posts: 24,705
|
it was my understanding that the KLR computer had a stop bit in it, making it impossible to decode/encode... is this not the case?
__________________
2000 Corvette - ????, 2007 Buell XB9R - Astrid, 1996 Discovery - Piglet, 2000 Forester "COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 11
|
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
winter-hater club member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: salt lake city, utah
Posts: 24,705
|
i see. is it possible to open one up and find it?
__________________
2000 Corvette - ????, 2007 Buell XB9R - Astrid, 1996 Discovery - Piglet, 2000 Forester "COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 11
|
The CPU is labeled with a Bosch internal (secret) code B57 391. That does not help to much...
|
||
|
|
|
|
Irrationally exuberant
|
I don't know if this helps, but the DME uses a flavor of 8051.
-Chris
__________________
'80 911 Nogaro blue Phoenix! '07 BMW 328i 245K miles! http://members.rennlist.org/messinwith911s/ |
||
|
|
|
|
Super Moderator
|
if you're going to go through that much trouble, why not convert to megasquit?
__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 200
|
So far, no one has megasquirt working. Its a lot easier to tweak existing software than it is to start from scratch.
The two motronic info sites I know about(which you probably already know of) are www.motroniccode.com and www.motronic944.com. I believe someone on motroniccode might have posted with CPU the KLR uses, but I'm not sure.
__________________
Stock 1988 951, TT aero wipers |
||
|
|
|
|
Super Moderator
|
two guys on rennlist almost have megasquirt completed! everyone else is holding their breath.
__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!) |
||
|
|
|