Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Tapage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Panama
Posts: 242
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Tapage Send a message via AIM to Tapage Send a message via Yahoo to Tapage
Water turbo pump

Hi all ..

I have a doubt / problem in my Porsche .. well mi water cooled pump ( for turbo cooling ) is dead ..

I note that no more function after I put off the engine .. last weekend I test it, but it's stuck.

Then I can drive my Porsche safe without this pump .. ? is my DD and right now I can't buy it ( money issue ) but I still driving softly and await at least 1 min after drive it to put off the engine.

comments . .?

thanks .. !

__________________
David Alonso De La Vega Tapage
Panama
944 Turbo
Old 12-14-2005, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
Running it at idle before shutting it off is a good thing if your water pump is not working. Driving the car easily (no boost) for the last few minutes prior to letting it idle is also very helpful.

From your post it seems as though your pump is frozen up and that it is not an electrical problem.
__________________
Lawrence
1986 951
2002 SLK32 AMG
1987 328GTS
2011 528i
Old 12-14-2005, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Tapage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Panama
Posts: 242
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Tapage Send a message via AIM to Tapage Send a message via Yahoo to Tapage
Thanks Laurence .. and let me know is posible repair those pump . ! ( mayor deal get it out for me ) or simply change it for a new one ..
__________________
David Alonso De La Vega Tapage
Panama
944 Turbo
Old 12-14-2005, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
The one that failed on my car was leaking at its gasket. It was also making strange noises so I figured that if it was not leaking, it's time in this world would be short.

My advice is to replace it. Running car without it working shortens the life of the turbo which costs a lot more.
__________________
Lawrence
1986 951
2002 SLK32 AMG
1987 328GTS
2011 528i
Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
In the past when I thought the price of a new part was outrageous, I have purchased used parts for my 944. One outfit that I have had good results with is PartsHeaven in California. They offer a 90 day warranty on their used parts. The used parts I have gotten from them in the past, including electrical, have been in good condition. They also sell new parts.
__________________
Lawrence
1986 951
2002 SLK32 AMG
1987 328GTS
2011 528i
Old 12-14-2005, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered
 
Tapage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Panama
Posts: 242
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Tapage Send a message via AIM to Tapage Send a message via Yahoo to Tapage
thank you very much again Lawrence ( write correctly in this time ) I'm right now in Parts Heaven web page ..

__________________
David Alonso De La Vega Tapage
Panama
944 Turbo
Old 12-14-2005, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:09 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.