Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5
1987 944T pair

Need some advice on what to do with a pair of 1987 944T cars. The first one has a scored cylinder. The second one got put in a ditch nose first. Body totaled but the engine still good. An aspiring young mechanic with dreams of driving a Porsche took the engine out of #2 and put it in #1 and then lost interest. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on what to do with these.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 3,334
I assume that you are not the aforementioned aspiring young mechanic.

That said, it wouldn't be the first time that parts from two broken cars are put together to make one good car. It helps that both are the same year.

I say, go for it, especially if you can buy both the cars for $4K or less. Plan on spending about 40-50 hours doing the engine change.
__________________
Good luck, George Beuselinck
Old 02-21-2006, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5
1987 944 pair

I guess what I wrote must of have been confusing. I already own these cars and my goal is sell them. My quest for advice was on how to sell them. Are these attractive to anybody? Should I try e-bay? Better to part out? Drag 'em to the nearest junkyard?
Old 02-21-2006, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 3,334
Ah, now I understand.

Well, they are all parts cars to me. Part 'em out, I say!!!

:-)
__________________
Good luck, George Beuselinck
Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Athens
Posts: 3
I'd be interested. Where are you located?

Brandon
brandonw "at" mindspring "dot" com
Old 02-21-2006, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Visalia, Ca
Posts: 1,327
ditto post it ( info )
__________________
Jaime O.
Thank god I crashed or i would never have owned a porsche
83 944 daily driver (clutch and tt time)
85 325e BMW T-boned R.I.P.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5
The cars are located in Davenport, IA
Old 02-22-2006, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Dog-faced pony soldier
 
Porsche-O-Phile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A Rock Surrounded by a Whole lot of Water
Posts: 34,187
Garage
What he said. Take the two of 'em and make one really nice one, then sell the remaining parts off to defray your costs. You'll learn a lot and have a pretty nice ride when all is said and done.

This assumes you have money and space though. And time.
__________________
A car, a 911, a motorbike and a few surfboards

Black Cars Matter
Old 02-23-2006, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5
i am not looking to keep the cars i would like to sell them to someone who has the time and money to put in to them. i have already spent almost $3,000 to change the motors. they told me it would take anothe 2000-3000 to finish the job. so i am not realy looking to fix them just sell them.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2
Send a message via AIM to Gold951
Sell them as a pair either here or on rennlist. How much are you looking to get out of them? As of now with neither one of them running you're going to be hard pressed to get the 3000 out of them both. You might want to finish the one and then sell but, most likely you're going to loose any more money you put into them. I say cut you're losses and dump them for whatever you can get. A friend of mine has a great 1989 NA and can't seem to get 3,500 for it. The market on these cars ar very soft right now, and the 86 turbo is not a very sought after model. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, I think whatever you do you're going to loose money.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pueblo,CO
Posts: 62
Re: 1987 944T pair

Quote:
Originally posted by hawksterone
Need some advice on what to do with a pair of 1987 944T cars. The first one has a scored cylinder. The second one got put in a ditch nose first. Body totaled but the engine still good. An aspiring young mechanic with dreams of driving a Porsche took the engine out of #2 and put it in #1 and then lost interest. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on what to do with these.
I may be interested in taking both of these off of your hands. send me a pm with more information about the cars. Where you located

Old 04-05-2006, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:50 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.