|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
WTB: MAF chips
Hello everyone, I need to pickup a cheap set of chips that will operate a MAF system. I have a piggy back to dial in the rest of the way, but my AFM chips aren't running right with MAF.
I tried rennlist with no real success, so maybe you guys can help. I'll be selling my Guru wastegate soon as well if anyone is interested.
__________________
1987 951 Black, Modded. |
||
|
|
|
|
Super Moderator
|
i'm interested in the wastegate but can't find it listed on the guru site. can you send me more info about it? how does it compare with the tial?
__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 328
|
Eyal what is your configuration for the piggy back? - that is are you using it to tweak the MAF signal?
Which MAF and size? Typically in boosted applicatins MAF conversions can require significant modification to the signal map to match it to actual flow. You can also run into a situation where your boost level has exceeded the chip and MAF's current scale. Ideally you would leave your chips alone or get others that are best suited to your boost and mods, then tweak the signal on the MAF to get fuel perfect. Of course that kind of tune and tweak requires an air/fuel gauge and hopefully a Dyno. Of course you could go to a MAP setup. Ideally you just want a way to easily control the MAF output and load a 944 Turbo or 944 Turbo S baseline in the controller. Lindsey Has various options. You could also talk to Danno and have him do a custom chip - but I am telling you - in my opinion - the solution isnt a chip - its being able to match the actual MAF signal to the fuel&timing Map s on your chip. Now you could also get a voltage extender - that lets your maf voltage range go beyond 5 volts - semi common in the FORD crowd - then you have a chip setup with new maps that match new range and tweak actual voltage along the scale/plot. Lots of things to do - but the first part - would be a properly sized MAF - a MAF controller that lets you change the voltage readings to match your fuel and ignition maps on the chip. Or as you requested if the MAF is the correct size and calibrated properly and your piggy back setup allows for some tweaking - you could have a chip setup that matchs the current range of the MAF - but what will you do if you add more boost or change injectors or both? A MAF controller or your piggy back should let you adjust for both more air and larger injectors. Lindsey has a lot of data on their systems even if you do your own thing - the data and general guidence is solid.
__________________
Do not Try to Beat the Odds unless you are sure you can survive them beating you! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ec_Install.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/x3m944/4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/x3m944/2.jpg |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
I have a Huntley stage 3 maf I bought second hand, but its brand new. I have a Perfect Power SMT5 origionally from Vitesse racing. I also have a Zeitronix wideband with A/F ratio, boost, and EGT. I assume this is a pretty good setup right?
__________________
1987 951 Black, Modded. |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 328
|
Heck yes - sounds like all you need is time on the dyno.
I am working with Danno over at guru on some chips - for superchargers and maf hit him up he could do you right on chips. I say just tune
__________________
Do not Try to Beat the Odds unless you are sure you can survive them beating you! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ec_Install.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/x3m944/4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/x3m944/2.jpg |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
cool. I found a set of chips that was used for an almost identical setup as mine, I have to burn whats on them to 24 pin, since they are 28 pin chips. After that, install that beautiful 46 mm tial, and the SMT, and see how it does! Danno has done some work on my car (my head for example) hes a good guy, (slow, but helpful) but I really didnt want to spend that much on chips.
__________________
1987 951 Black, Modded. |
||
|
|
|
|