|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: blanch nc
Posts: 165
|
price for 89 turbo ?
What would be good price for 89 turbo with less than 90k miles recent clutch no dents dings , no problems with dash or interior , good color that I like , and will need belts in next 6k miles , with all records , po pca member who kept car in great shape ? thanks for any input
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 63
|
If I were to sell mine today I'd hope to get $10.5k to $11.5k.
I have 79k miles, new belts and rollers, good interior and paint (dash does have a coulpe of cracks), original clutch that appears to have good life left in it. The PO didn't keep records but was a pca member. I have put in about $2k into maintaince and a few upgrades doing most of the work myself in the year and a half I've owned it.
__________________
Steve '89 951 Alpine White/Blue, factory sport seats, Lindsey DP WG, MBC, Vitesse chips, 3 bar FPR, Evo diverter valve K&N filter, cat bypass, Koni Yellows |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 85
|
I paid $12k for mine a year or so ago, 104k miles, 20k on the t-belt, clutch Ok but no records, interior in great shape, body hit but repaired well.
If the suspension, engine, and transmission on your potential car feel good and an inspection doesn't turn up anything nasty, I think $12k is still a reasonable price (especially for a good color!).
__________________
1988 944NA (Someone else's problem now) 1989 951 "Serena" (Still miss this one...) 2006 330i "Shadow" (6 speed, sport package, and nothing else) 2009 X3 "Ruby" (Because it snows here, and I have things to move) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: blanch nc
Posts: 165
|
Thanks for the input , think 12 was about the tops I had in mind
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 150
|
There is a 89 Gold color at AutoSports by the lake in Denver NC. There asking 14 for it...
__________________
1987 944 Turbo (converted) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Indy In.
Posts: 669
|
My 89 951 sold for $14,900 6 years ago with around 70k miles on her...
Good luck/skill They are great cars! I wished I still had mine.
__________________
89 Porsche 944 Owner: AutoFreeFinders.com Online Auto Mall |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Super Moderator
|
i wouldn't sell my 89 for less than 15k and it has over 180k miles.
__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 867
|
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
Super Moderator
|
it needs nothing and the motor is in better condition than any i have seen.
![]() mileage is not that important with these cars. i also believe most 951's that are in great condition are grossly undervalued because of the abused ones that are in crap condition and sell for cheap to unsuspecting buyers, who then flip them back on the market when they find out how much it costs to get them up to par.
__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!) |
||
|
|
|
|
vott does ziss do?
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,676
|
so did you fix it then?
__________________
|
||
|
|
|
|
Super Moderator
|
almost. i'll bring it by for a look-see.
__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: gosford australia
Posts: 418
|
I agree with nize, plenty of high turnover 944 crap, there will always
be a handfull of pamperd, maintained & non molested cars out there, they will not be advetised but if you want the best ask around and someone will have one or know someone that they sell, but at a price. There is no such thing as a cheap Porsche, pay now or later. I have an as new 951, 30k miles, full history, and know of 2 other S2's in the same condition. Look around.
__________________
89,951 sunday car/ 05 ,525i family car/ X5d every other day/ wellcraft eclipse21- 350 chev |
||
|
|
|
|