Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 230
Removing windsheild washer resevoir

Any body how to remove the windsheild washer resevoir from a 86 951 ?

I was told from the bottom, but it sure looks tight ?

Thanks
Andrew
86 blk / blk 951

Old 05-22-2006, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
monsterdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 52
I tried this unsuccessfully a while back. I'll never try it again. I thought I almost had it after endless wiggling and yanking and knuckle busting and prying.
The headlight pump and steering lines make it a huge pain in the arse.
I was trying to get it out from the top though. The tank seems too tall to get it out the other way. I figure if you remove everything around it, you may have more luck than I. Just FYI, it's not very flexible at all.

Mine leaks a little about half way up around a seam on the rear inboard side if you're looking at it from underneath, with feet sticking out from the front of the car. I was going to try some kind of sealant, but wasn't sure what to use.

One thing I did find is that if you get the headlight washer pump out and give up trying to get it back in while the tank is still in the car, a tapered rubber and brass plug works well to stop that hole - you tighten the plug and the rubber compresses between two brass plates - they use them on boats and such.
__________________
___________________________________
1986 944 Turbo, 88k miles, Copenhagen Blue
Old 05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 230
windsheild resevoir removal

Thanks for taking the time to reply...so its not just me
I think I'll take your advise and leave it alone. Thanks
Old 05-23-2006, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brighton UK since 11/2012
Posts: 3,170
It comes out under the car and the cracks can be plastic welded.
__________________
From November 2012; Precision Porsche Specialist
Sussex UK, +44 (0)1825-721-205
2001-2012 Gerber Motorsport Inc. 206-352-6911
07.15.06 1996 Ducati 900SP. Suprisingly enough, it's red
08.16.09 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100. Green.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
nize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: seattle, washington
Posts: 6,775
Garage
if it's the short one, it can come out the top. if it's the long one (the one that comes with the headlight washer option), it only comes out through the bottom.

__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!)
Old 06-14-2006, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:39 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.