|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 388
|
New 952 Owner!
Hehe... A RHD 951 is a 952? :-)
Anyway, I just bought one. '86 RHD 951 with Huntley Racing MAF and Split Second ACR2. I was told the car has a K27 and all the sensors renewed. The car runs fairly well and is quite quick. But I do have a problem. On occasion, the car when driven normal, ie not WOT, would jerk and hesitate and the engine will stall. Attempts to re-crank will not be immediately successful. The starter cranks but the engine doesn't catch. I've learnt that when it stumbles, I have to clutch and try keep the revs up. This way, the engine won't die. Any ideas? The car is fine otherwise. Thanks! Sprint. |
||
|
|
|
|
winter-hater club member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: salt lake city, utah
Posts: 24,705
|
vacuum leak(s), plugged air filter, dirty injectors, water or corrosion in electrical connections in the engine compartment, dying AFM, for a start.
__________________
2000 Corvette - ????, 2007 Buell XB9R - Astrid, 1996 Discovery - Piglet, 2000 Forester "COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever |
||
|
|
|
|
Super Moderator
|
could also be a faulty tps, distributor, wires, plugs, or a faulty DME unit.
__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!) |
||
|
|
|