|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Help with positioning "turbo" emblem
Can someone out there do me a favor and get me a couple of quick measurements from stock 951 for where to exactly (or close to exactly) place the "turbo" script badge?
I just got my new badge (from Pelican) and have to put it on tomorrow without benefit of having another car around to measure. I know I could eyeball it, and I do have Morgan's book with a pretty good picture, but if someone wouldn't mind giving me some coordinates that would help. I'd like to get the distance from the break/cut line in the rear hatch panel UP to the baseline of the script and the distance from the middle of the final "o" out to the seam. In the picture I have it looks like maybe 1.25" UP and 2" IN from the line??? TIA.
__________________
Stephen Porter -- ABQ, NM --------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 2007 base Cayman and 1989 944 Past: 2 914's (ancient history)...long list of 951's, S2's, one Boxster S and garage-queen '89 928 S4, now living in Texas. |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 230
|
Positioning the turbo badge
Hey there
I went out to the car and yes its 1.25 from the bottom of the badge to the break line horizontally and the O is 1 1/2 from the right break line vertically I dont know if my badge is original or not as the car has been sprayed best of luck Andrew 86 blk / blk 944 Turbo Vancouver Canada |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 378
|
Hi Stephen,
I just measured mine, which I know is original, and I got 1-7/32" from the crease underneath and 1-9/16" from the line to the right of it. BTW, I've gotta see the 20k mile 944 turbo some time! My car is still out of commission. ![]() -Matthew
__________________
'86 951 blk/blk -968 M030 Sway Bars with delrin bushings -IceShark headlight kit -Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable struts and shocks -225 lb springs up front Cleaned grounds = happy 944 WTB: 951 black passenger door/fender |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Hey guys,
Thanks for the tips... I'll take a picture of the final job as soon as possible. Matthew, you're in L.A., right? You're welcome to come and view the garage queen anytime... ;-). I'll publish some pix here when I get them together too.
__________________
Stephen Porter -- ABQ, NM --------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 2007 base Cayman and 1989 944 Past: 2 914's (ancient history)...long list of 951's, S2's, one Boxster S and garage-queen '89 928 S4, now living in Texas. |
||
|
|
|