|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Headlight tab bottom screw
I am wondering if anyone has an extra bottom headlight screw lying around?
My car is a '76 911, since it didn't have the original screw I am not sure what is the correct one. Reading previous posts I found these two types listed but not sure which is the one for me. ![]()
__________________
66 Shelby Hertz Renta-Racer 68 Shelby 500KR 78 Ferrrari 308 16 Macan S 11 Speedster |
||
|
|
|
|
abides.
|
It depends what type of headlight assembly your car has. H1/H4 use the top one, US sealed beam "sugar scoops" use the bottom screw.
__________________
Graham 1984 Carrera Targa |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
The headlight is H4.
__________________
66 Shelby Hertz Renta-Racer 68 Shelby 500KR 78 Ferrrari 308 16 Macan S 11 Speedster |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,591
|
The top one is used on h4s if you have a trim ring over the chrome ring. If you do you are missing the trim ring screw
__________________
1973 911S (since new) RS MFI specs 1991 C2 Turbo |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Is this pic. good enough? i just have the chrome surround.
__________________
66 Shelby Hertz Renta-Racer 68 Shelby 500KR 78 Ferrrari 308 16 Macan S 11 Speedster Last edited by bcgreen; 01-21-2014 at 03:16 PM.. |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
I love that color
__________________
Bob |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
I had the correct screw you are looking for made. Our host will have them pretty soon. Till then you an contact me directly for them.
They are made from brass and then chrome plated, 27mm. Includes plastic washer, and black rubber buffer. $8 each, plus $2 to ship. [email protected]
__________________
http://www.autoforeignservices.com/ 57 Speedster, (4) 67S coupe's, (2) 67S targas, 68L Rally car etc. etc. |
||
|
|
|
|
French Import
|
Your picture would indicate that you do NOT have the trim piece as I see the adjusting screws on your assembly.
As mentioned above you need the screw in your very first picture. Soterik's offerseems to be be a good alternative since the original is NLA.
__________________
Gilles Happiness is not having a Porsche in the garage... Happiness is having a Porsche on the road! ![]() 86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, 2015 BMW K1600 GTL, 2011 BMW X3, 2016 BMW 435i hard top convertible |
||
|
|
|
|
Schleprock
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Frankfort IL USA
Posts: 16,682
|
While you're replacing the screw, I would strongly suggest "re-threading" the bottom tab to have more threads. The original design of that dimpled steel tab with like 2 threads in it is the suck. Try putting a nut-sert in there to establish a better receiving thread depth? I believe the thread size is M5 x 0.80 pitch. I have one headlight on my '87 that is stripped out on that tab and it's really annoying.
A simpler/crude solution is to ditch the machine screw threads and use a self tapping screw of a bit larger size to capture the hole better and cut some new threads. Regarding the trim ring, his light will still be properly secured in the headlight bucket with either screw. Just because he's got the headlights installed w/out the trim rings doesn't create a problem. I have the same installation on my '87. My lens rings are black (his are chrome) and I just painted mine red instead of using the pesky, expensive trim ring.
__________________
Kevin L '86 Carrera "Larry" Last edited by KTL; 01-23-2014 at 07:40 AM.. |
||
|
|
|
|
Vintage Motorsport
|
|
||
|
|
|