Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
you see Arthur...
 
jasonlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: West Vancouver BC & San Juan Capistrano CA
Posts: 672
floorboards

I have searched, perhaps not very well, that said, I am curious, has anyone made their own aluminum floorboards for the 911? Similar to the Rennline ones, but DIY. I would love to tackle such a project. I am sure some pelican has gone down this path. Would love to see photos of DIY floorboards for inspiration.

__________________
J
82 911 SC, Cat bypass, Flowmaster 1 in 2 out lightweight flywheel and backdated heat
06 Cayenne S
00 ML 55 AMG
Santa Cruz Bullit
Old 01-23-2014, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
300hp 1800lbs is the goal
 
pksystems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic of Alberta
Posts: 3,783
Garage
Not aluminum, but DIY... and pretty cheap... but time consuming polishing them out.

I was missing my passenger one, so I made a new one out of wood, with a Carbon overlay.




Drivers side wood board was delaminating, so I epoxied it back together, and then did a Carbon overlay on it. I still need to cut out the pedal holes/stops on it tho.

__________________
The '66 912 Bastardization project has begun.
Note to PO's: LAY OFF THE FREAKING BONDO!!!!

The science was settled: Earth was flat.
Galileo : Flat Earth denier.

Last edited by pksystems; 01-23-2014 at 11:09 AM..
Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
you see Arthur...
 
jasonlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: West Vancouver BC & San Juan Capistrano CA
Posts: 672
those look great, where did you source the carbon for the overlay? What did you use to laminate the carbon?
__________________
J
82 911 SC, Cat bypass, Flowmaster 1 in 2 out lightweight flywheel and backdated heat
06 Cayenne S
00 ML 55 AMG
Santa Cruz Bullit
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
300hp 1800lbs is the goal
 
pksystems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic of Alberta
Posts: 3,783
Garage
12K plain weave carbon $16/yard (I think) and UV resistant epoxy off ebay. They have a warehouse in BC. I bought lots of the CF since I've made a roof, door cards, rear quarters...

__________________
The '66 912 Bastardization project has begun.
Note to PO's: LAY OFF THE FREAKING BONDO!!!!

The science was settled: Earth was flat.
Galileo : Flat Earth denier.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:24 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.