Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hudson, NY
Posts: 87
broken clutch helper spring

I was heading out to dinner this eve...Almost there...leaving a stoplight and went to get second gear I heard/felt a pop followed by hearing a loose bit of metal under my car / down the street. After pulling over I walked back to survey what may have been lost and only found an outer half of the clutch helper spring... Car is still driveable, Clutch is now a little stiffer, but, in my opinion with a better feel. While I get this was an engineered system, am I too far off base thinking this acceptable or an improvement?

Old 01-26-2014, 12:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
Discseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 4,471
Garage
Hey EH!

Seems to me that if you like the deviation and it does not suggest the creation of further problems... I'd go with it! Personally I like the helper spring... especially in stop and go traffic.
__________________
Karl ~~~

Current: '80 Silver Targa w /'85 3.2. 964 cams, SSI, Dansk 2 in 1 out muf, custom fuel feed with spin on filter
Prior: '77 Copper 924. '73 Black 914. '74 White Carrera. '79 Silver, Black, Anthracite 930s.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
wwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stunningly Beautiful Pacific NW.
Posts: 5,293
Garage
Without the helper spring there might be to much stress on the clutch cable.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:34 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.