|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South of the line
Posts: 726
|
Fabric sport seats
One of my winter projects is reupholstering a pair of sport seats. Im thinking about coverig the whole front side in a Porsche tweed fabric.
Just curious has anyone covered 74 -84 style of sport seats in fabric ? and if so do you have pics to share. I know some of the 924's came with fabric front sport seats, and of course the later RSA's did. Some examples. Anyone else got any fabric sport seats to share ? ![]()
__________________
SWB 2.2 lightweight. Runs and drives but can always be improved. |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
can't contribute but this tweed looks great.
and you are lucky to have the turbo-seats (I long for...)
__________________
Regards, Flo / 79 SC streetrod - Frankfurt, Germany Instagram: @elvnmisfit |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Not sure if this helps, but I have the early tombstone sport seat for the driver with cloth center. The rest is vinyl.
__________________
'80 RoW 911 SC non-sunroof coupe in Guards Red It's not a Carrera.... It's a Super Carrera! |
||
|
|
|
|
cycling has-been
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 7,260
|
I did the inserts in fabric in the original blocked stitch pattern.
Bill K
__________________
73 911T MFI, 76 912E, 77 Turbo Carrera |
||
|
|
|
|
Brando
|
![]() Do it!
__________________
Turbo powa! 1977 911s. it's cool |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Fabric Sport seats
Here are some Turbo Sport Seats with vinyl surrounds and Porsche script fabric inserts.....
Far more comfortable in hot weather.... Scott
__________________
Scott "Houston, Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed" Silver 1984 M491 Sunroof Coupe |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South of the line
Posts: 726
|
Thank you for the pics. Some good inspiration for my project
Recently I saw a complete corduroy set of 80-84 Sport seats for sale on Early S. Ive never seen that before. ![]() ![]() FS: G type (77 +) black conduroy seats (turbo like) I like the patina and if I had a hot rod car with a black interior Id be all over them. Meanwhile im thinking really thinking about weather to keep the leather sides and just do the center panel possibly in Pascha or go for it with the complete Berber tweed middle ala RSA. I like the Pascha in Black and white but the blue seems subdued, and I fell if you are going for it, then go big. ![]() My car has the Berber tweed ceneters but in Dark blue ![]() Keep the inspiration coming.
__________________
SWB 2.2 lightweight. Runs and drives but can always be improved. |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South of the line
Posts: 726
|
![]() Stunning !
__________________
SWB 2.2 lightweight. Runs and drives but can always be improved. |
||
|
|
|