|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
1987 944S - Excellent low mile car - Upstate NY
This is a pristine summer driven local car (98% original paint, zero sun damage, minimal wear, no accidents). Located near Rochester NY.
It had an unfortunate engine failure resulting in a cracked head. The block was kept by a local shop (Eksten’s) for a racing application, and I bought the car from them. I purchased a used replacement engine from California. My highly qualified mechanic, Randy Ames of Phoenix Imports, performed a thorough check over and freshening including a full rebuild of the head and replacement of all the normal wear parts. He had just previously completed a full rebuild on another 944S engine to be used in racing. I’ve driven the car about 1500 miles to break in the new parts and assure all is well. The car has always been garage kept and has only infrequently been driven on a wet road, never in salt. The interior is mint, with virtually no wear and no weathering except for minor color wear on the driver seat bolster. Leather and rubber weather seals are as fresh and pliant as new. The paint is original and exceptionally nice. I believe the front bumper was repainted and a small scratch touched in but all else is original. As you would expect, there are a few minor defects, but they are hard to notice. Everything works well, with minor exceptions. The A/C is excellent, the clock keeps time, wipers and cruise control work as expected, the radio sounds OK for a 1987 original. The car shifts well, very smoothly once the gear oil heats up. It’s very comfortable and easy to drive. It’s quiet at speed on the highway. Around town the engine is docile and smooth, like a regular 944 up to 4000 rpm, then comes on very strong up to 6800 rpm, and makes quick work of 3rd gear passing out on the highway. 27 mpg is a good figure to expect in normal driving with some aggressive sprints. The first owner drove this only 5000 miles. The second owner had it up to almost 64,000 miles and was heart-broken when the engine failed. I’ve held it unregistered in my shop waiting repair since buying it. You can expect zero depreciation, and probably some appreciation with this car. The galvanized body found on all Porsches since 1978 means rust is never an issue. If you want to use the car on the track, my mechanic has found much more power is available (in the other customer’s car) through installation of a hotter cam and other mods. I have run a small hobby dealership for 10 years, buying and selling a few interesting cars each year, mostly Porsches. I am very familiar with the Porsche 944, and assure you this is one of the best you can find. I’m offering it now at a fair price so I can fund other projects. $10,750 includes state inspection. Contact George at 585-746-1848 or [email protected]
__________________
Driving............................Restoring 1988 944 TurboS..............1958 Alfa Giulietta Spyder 1971 Jaguar XKE coupe 2001 BMW 330CI |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Bump
__________________
Driving............................Restoring 1988 944 TurboS..............1958 Alfa Giulietta Spyder 1971 Jaguar XKE coupe 2001 BMW 330CI |
||
|
|
|