|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SW Colorado
Posts: 170
|
1980 911sc
Hey Porsche Peeps. The time has come to let go of my first Porsche, purchased almost 25 years ago. Following is a brief description of the car and it's history. I also have lots of parts. I would prefer a package deal, but might be open to selling off some of the parts independent of the car. Message me if you have any interest. $30k takes it all.
1980 911SC Mileage – 85,007 On 7/24/92 this SC, Weissach Edition, experienced a fire. It burned primarily from the left rear corner to the right front corner, scorching wiring, plastic and rubber in the engine compartment and along the way. Bur for the plastics and rubber parts, the engine was undamaged and still runs very well. Unfortunately the insurance company totaled the car so it has a “Rebuilt from Salvage” title. I bought the car in December 1992. It took several years to get the car running, mostly because of my limited free time. The car is stock but for SSI heat exchangers, a sport muffler and a Carerra oil cooler in the right front fender. The heat from the fire turned the tan leather to pink, so I dyed the leather interior gray. I replaced the carpet with a burgundy color and updated the wheels to turbo twist 17”. The right, chrome headlight was damaged in the fire so I replaced both with painted trim. Most of the undercoating burned off durding the fire. I ground off all the remaining undercoating that was bad, cleaned with laquor thinner what was still good, primed the underside, applied Wurth Undercoating, primed and painted the underside. That was a nasty job. Odometer stopped working due to the fire at appx 73k. I purchased a working speedometer and noted the miles. I had the original speedometer repaired and recalibrated to 160mph. I feel the current mileage is within 500 miles of actual. I have lots of receipts for most of my purchases, but not organized well. I still have the stock muffler and HEs. Tires are Yokohama S Drive in 205/45/17 and 255/40/17 – very good condition Turbo twists wheels have a few scratches. Newer, non-stock radio I added sound deadening material to make it quieter. Rear wheel bearings were replace about 600 miles ago. What the car needs: Tranny leak – one of the half shafts came loose while driving. I feel that is what caused the leak, but I have not addressed it other than to put on a new half shaft. Downshifting into first – if going too fast it will grind. Common issue. Front chin spoiler needs to be replaced. Needs rear anti-roll bar. Headliner needs to be installed. I have one, but the windows all need to come out to replace it and I have not had the time. The headliner on the sunroof is in. Stock AC is out of car. I have the compressor buy have no idea if it is any good. Right now there a problem with the fuel injection. Cars runs very strong and starts well. After warm up, it does not idle well, if at all. Car is drivable if you feather the throttle and brake with left foot. For this car I have the following: New window seals for all glass Service manuals Set of new lug nuts – one is missing, I think it is on the car. New rear brake pads Original temp gage – replace it with newer, numbered gage Brake caliper kits NIB Momo steering wheel and hub, but hub is wrong for the car. Was told it was the right one. Headliner Mahle oil filter Fog lights are not on car. One has cracked lens Misc fuses, clips, bushings, etc. Stock muffler - original Stock heat exchangers - original Other things I have: Very nice set of Weber IDA 40 Carbs 98 mm cylinders ready for a new motor 3.0l motor from 78 SC with appx 70k miles I bought off Pelican a few years ago – I have done nothing with this since I bought it Hydraulic chain tensioner kit Older 915 tranny – condition unknown Spare set of door panels 2 Warm up regulators – One is new I think 15x7 and 15x8 fuchs – not great condition cosmetically, but straight Older 915 tranny – condition unknown ![]() ![]() ![]()
__________________
Garmo '80 911SC |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SW Colorado
Posts: 170
|
Bump
__________________
Garmo '80 911SC |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SW Colorado
Posts: 170
|
Sale pending
__________________
Garmo '80 911SC |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SW Colorado
Posts: 170
|
UPDATE - Money is in the bank and my 911SC is headed to Amsterdam! Great transaction! RLX is a man of his word. Thanks Peter.
__________________
Garmo '80 911SC |
||
|
|
|