|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 463
|
1994 964 C4 Turbo Look Wide Body - 1 of 4
I’m selling this beautiful and original 1994 Carrera 4 Turbo look soon after purchasing predominantly due to an unexpected opportunity to acquire a car that I have coveted for some time and a lack of space to enable owning both along with the other cars that I own. It’s a tough decision for me as I’ve always loved the wide body 964 without the whale tail, though the ‘last in first out’ sentiment is the only one that works for me in this instance.
With only 250+- C4 Turbo look 964’s imported to the USA and only 4 painted in the beautiful Amazon Green color, this is a very rare Porsche – especially considering this car’s amazing originality. I believe the only 3 non-original features are the Koni FSR suspension, JVC stereo and the rear light bar & lenses that were recently replaced with new OEM parts. http://www.turbo-look.com/facts/964-carrera-4-coupe/ I had a PPI performed at Debold Motorsport in Naples, FL prior to purchase that uncovered no significant issues to deter me. There are minor engine and transmission leaks though at 91K miles this was hardly a surprise to me. The previous owner reported only a small drip on the garage floor after a long drive and although I have not been able to do more than drive around my secure neighborhood multiple times on the weekends I have not yet seen any oil drips on my floor. The motor feels very strong and pulls well through the rev range with only a small puff of smoke on cold starts. The transmission shifts perfectly up and down through all gears. A reseal will probably be necessary at some point in the future but I would have no hesitation in using the ca as is for many more miles if I were to keep it. I had a long conversation with the service manager at Debold after their inspection and he explained that they turn away 8-9 out of 10 air cooled 911’s that are brought to them for consignment and this car would definitely be one that they would gladly represent. Due to a hectic recent business travel schedule, I wasn’t able to get to the SOS to transfer the title until a couple of weeks ago - I now have the MI title in hand. I am only the third owner (carfax available on request) the second owner purchased it in 2000 from the original owner with 45k miles on the car. All records are either dealer stamps from the first owner or receipts / hand written notes from the second, who did most of the required maintenance himself on accelerated intervals. The AC system was recently repaired at a cost of almost $4k and blows very cold. Overall I consider the physical condition of this 964 to be extremely good and honest – it certainly wouldn’t win a PCA concours event but it is a very straight no stories car with only minor blemishes on the rear bumper and bottom corner of the drivers door. I believe the paint and all body panels to be original to the car although I do not have a paint meter to verify. All vin tags, stickers etc are in the correct locations and the seals and rubber gaskets are in great condition, as is the glass with only a few very minor chips. The front bumper cover is not warped or damaged at all along the bottom edge, which seems to be a rarity on used 964’s and it does not appear to have ever been off the car. There is road rash present on the bumper, hood and above the stone guards on the rear fenders and the stone guards will need replacing due to cracking. I had planned to have a proper detailing done and perhaps a paint correction while replacing the guards, though due to time limitations I will leave that for the next owner. There is one odd small area of surface rust (pictured below) under the frunk lid at the top drivers corner of the frunk seal – which is an area that I have never seen rust. Debold inspected and confirmed it was superficial and would be a very simple fix. If I were keeping the car I would have it repaired as a preventative measure. The previous owner also replaced the spoiler wall, which functions as it should. The interior is in excellent condition throughout with only minor visible wear on the drivers seat bolster, floor mat and leather gear pattern edge on the shifter. The cashmere supple full leather front/rear seats are all soft and well conditioned and look to have tens of thousands of miles less on them than the odo shows. The rootwood gear shift and hand brake options are a nice touch also. There are no cracks or other issues on any of the vinyl dash, door or headliner surfaces. The original cup 1 wheels are all in near perfect condition with no scratches or rash & the colored crest caps are also perfect. The tires are in good condition but are old and should be replaced. Brake rotors and pads have plenty of life left and stop the car with no wayward motion, pulsing or squeals. I typically buy Porsche cars as keepers and I would be very happy to keep this 964 if not for the unexpected opportunity explained above. In over 10 years as a Pelican member, this is the first car I’ve listed for sale. The car is located in SE Michigan and the price is $69,900 or near offer (DEPOSIT RECEIVED - SALE PENDING). Please only PM me if truly interested, qualified and allowed to buy cars… ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
Last edited by Competizione; 07-14-2017 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: Sale Pending |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 463
|
Deposit received - thank you all for the great response. I will update as sold once final payment is complete.
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 463
|
Sold and shipped.
|
||
|
|
|