Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Bobby
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Newport Beach Ca
Posts: 2
1978 911SC 123,000 documented miles

Survivor, completely intact car with 123,000 miles on the clock and supporting service records dating back to 1980, the owners book is in the glove box. This California Blue Plate car has spent it's life in Orange County California so be sure that this is a rust free as a Southern California car gets. The car is optioned up, factory electric sunroof (yes it works), optional full leather not just the inserts, power antenna, dual power mirrors and I have the original Blaupunkt (in a box) for your listening pleasure. This should be a numbers matching car (I don’t know why it wouldn’t be). The body sides are dead straight, there is NO RUST and about 60% of the paint is still original. Guards Red, the interior is beige (maybe cork) leather, this is full leather not just the inserts and let me say this leather is really nice and in remarkable condition. The Dash is damn nice, no cracks just a little flaw on the right buried by the windshield. The carpets, package shelf and everything in the interior is exceptional. The doors close like they are supposed to, the sound is right and solid. The car drives absolutely perfect, the transmission is smooth the flat six has that deep booming note you expect and runs perfectly. In the luggage compartment you find the tool kit, the unused spare tire, the compressor and the original carpet kit is all there and in great condition.

What I’m saying is this car is amazing but needs paint as the 40 year old paint was waxed so many times it’s just done. The car passed California smog in October of 2016, so I’ll probably have it smogged for you if you’re in California. The Idle control for the AC needs service, I going to try to get that serviced next week. The car has not been waxed and sprayed with armor all to shine it up, it’s dead honest showing the real condition with no effort to hide anything.

Most of the parts that have been replaced on the car are in boxes, so the correct and original alternator comes with as does another smog pump and some other stuff. Brand new $400 coco mats are included, a spanking new Covercraft car cover comes with as well.

A good friend of mine bought this car second hand in 1980 (I think from Chick Iverson in Newport Beach) with about 5,000 miles on it. Andial, Porsche Strasse and Darrin at Dr. Detail took care of the car for the prior owner until (and after) he handed the keys to me in 2001. Properly driven, properly maintained and always treated with respect. I have been around this car since 1980, I know the car.

I’m thinking $35,000 but if you think I’m crazy make me an offer as it’s time for this one to have a new home.





Old 07-21-2017, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:34 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.