View Single Post
soxnail soxnail is offline
Registered User
soxnail's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Laguna Vista
Posts: 1,353
Further in the helpful dept.
These bulbs are used in the instrument panel and are hard to find, so here is a quick easy way to substitute:

Push the tabs in on either side and pull the bulb out of its socket.

Cut the bulbs electrodes that are pressure attached to the tabs.

Get substitute bulb, it is a#73.

Solder the tabs on to it. You will have to use sand paper on the electrodes of the new bulb to get it to "tin" I.E solder to stick to it.

Now insert back into socket, press in till tabs engage, and you have a new bulb/socket ready to go.
"Little problems always come back and bring bigger friends with them".
1986 951"MADDOG" black with maroon interior
All stock with shimmed WG
Old 09-22-2018, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)