Thread: CIS to EFI kit
View Single Post

Tony,
Excellent idea! I've been watching your progress with your conversion and I hoped to follow in your footsteps with my project eventhough I was going to go a slightly different way (non-CIS donor). I think there are a lot of others doing the same too.

To answer your questions;
1. Hell yes! Put some modern and EFI based hardware/software on my engine anyday. Many, many EFI donors out there ...
2. A packaged ECU would be nice, but to keep it cheap I would keep it DIY. If the demand is high enough it should be cheap to have the MS kits built in quantity - even low quantity (<50 at a time).
3. Should sell well for $12-1400 I would think (should be a nice profit). $1000 or less and it would sell like crazy IMO. Just depends on how much you want to get out of it since you did the initial development. The whole point is to keep it low-cost EFI - IMO anything more than $2K is getting close to other alternatives. Costs depend on how you have your parts made too ... to sell a lot of them, above average quality and repeatability would be needed.

I'd be happy to work with you on the development of other 911 applications as well.

Souk - the more people that apply this idea to more vehicles with different combos, the more base maps there will be to choose from. I would think the initial different engine combos might need some dyno time to really fine tune the setups.

Cool ... cool ... cool
Gruppe B #101

What's next?
Old 12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)