Thread: 944 DME trouble
View Single Post

Lots of the computer "brains" develop solder joint problems as they age. The "cure", according to our in-house gurus is to remove the unit, open it up and resolder just about everything. Hey..I know it works on modern TVs...those solder bath systems can malfunction, allowing the circutry to work for a while, then fail intermittently or catastrophicly(SP)

My '84 recently developed a "no start" problem, isolated to the fuel system since there is spark and the engine will turn over with a shot of ether. SO, I am starting from the rear and working forward.. dumping the 6 MO gas, new tank to pump hose, new fuel filter, blowing the lines clean, a new DME relay, will check the pressure at the injectors and if all is well, it should be OK. If I need to resolder the unit connections, so be it. But, I am certain (thanks to kind words from FR and a few of the other more knowledgeable folks) that I can see this through.

If you do a search you may come up with something on carbed 944s. Doyou have emissions testing in NZ? If not, anything goes!!
Old 08-07-2004, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)