View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Porschekid962 Send a message via Yahoo to Porschekid962
big motor mfi (3.4+) what does it take?

My 72 RSR bastardo is off and running, the car is pretty much stripped and ready for welding before andy bodywork is done and myself, my dad and my friend who owns a shop here in pasadena who has been kind enough to let me keep the car on a lift have been kicking around motor ideas.

The common thread we want to keep on the motors is MFI induction with crankfired ignition. Old school look, new school technology, somewhat. We have come up with a couple engine ideas. Super short stroke 3.0, 66mm stroke 98mm bore, a 3.4 with the 3.2 crank and 98mm bore, a 3.5 with the 100mm barrels and possibly using an otherwise stock 3.6 but topping it off with MFI but it could always grow to a 3.8.

For now the 3.0 and 3.4 seem to be the most likely candidates. I was just wondering is there a certain MFI pump I should start out with that lends itself better to any big engine mods? Anyway we go it will be about 10.5:1 cr, twin plugged, headwork, titanium keepers, springs, possibly valves, supertec head studs you know the rest.

So for a 3.4 mfi motor, do I need custom heads? Is there a certain pump I should start off with? I know Henry makes custom makes custom TB trumpets or at least I thought he did.

TIA guys, Ryder
Old 02-09-2005, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)