View Single Post

Gary, the MSD only uses two prongs out of the cdi harness (one wire). The green wire that comes off of the distributer is what I could best describe as a coax cable which is a wire inside of a wire. This is used to stimulate the magnetic pickup of the MSD box. Actually it could use its power wires from it as well, but distributer wire is the important one (as I usually take power, ground and ignition from other sources to make diagnosis easier). On the track cars that I did the conversion on in the past, I just hacked the plug off and terminated the wires, on your aplication I would either use insulated spade terminals to go into the plug or tap into the wires for the sake of keeping the car reversable if you choose. The soft touch rev-limiter works by cutting every other ignition cycle instead of just cutting ignition totally to lower RPM. It works like a normal ignition cut rev limiter with less of the violence.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette

Last edited by 930gt-40r; 04-09-2007 at 04:26 PM..
Old 04-09-2007, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)