View Single Post

Brian,

You and Ben will surely be successful. The good will that you both have generated helping us newbies is greatly appreciated.

I think that in addition to the zork tubes and wastegate dump pipes, you might offer a J-pipe for the 3.2 Carreras. Also there is a market for stage one, stage two turbo kits as well. As a consumer, I would not mind paying a reasonable markup for components if it is all laid out for install.

Items that I would consider value-added for a stage one kit:

Oil supply fittings to supply oil to the turbo (T and banjo at the oil pressure switch, -4 an hose to turbo) (I think I can buy this direct from BAT for $90, but I would not mind paying $125 to have it pre-configured and receive product support from you)(Function7 Flanges?)

Oil drain plumbing from the turbo back to the engine.

Tubing from the turbo to engine compartment for Air Filter.

Tubing from Turbo to MAF with flange and appropriate connection point for BOV.

Adaptor required to install BEGI FPR. The port coming out of the throttle body needs a Y.

Signal line from the BOV to throttle body.

Boost gage signal line to boost gage in dash.

Back date heat parts.

You could also offer to mod the engine tin, taking the customers tin as a core and keeping one that is already modded in stock.

The various parts to install gauges in the cockpit: fuel pressure, exhaust gas temp, cylinder head temp, etc.

Of course, if I was getting all of these things from you, then I would probably also get the BOV and Wastegate too.

The other guys who have done turbo conversions have generously shared openly where to get all of this stuff. But there certainly is a value for one-stop shopping with product support and expertise.

Hope this helps!
"Driving in its most beautiful form"
Old 06-29-2007, 12:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)