View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by les_garten
I have no numbers post EFI. But my CIS Car ran 9-10 MPG in Town and 23-25 MPG Pure HWY at 65 MPH. My suggestion here among others is most of you probably don't drive the car 800 miles a day on the highway to gert accurate Road numbers. My experience was every couple MPH above 65MPH started nibbling pretty heavy on the MPG. One of the problems with a 930 is who can cruise it at 65 MPH for 400 miles or so. I used to do this type of driving to get to a remote work site. I had to avoid attracting the State Police and it was in the 55 MPH days. The DEVIL beckons, it is hard not to want to BLAZE up an on ramp, or squirt past a car. My car at that time was a EURO 930 with all federalization stripped off and in a good state of tune. I experienced a car that Guzzled Gas in town and sipped it on the road. My .02.

Les
+1
I monitored my mileage when I moved back to Wisconsin from Boston. It averaged 17MPG when driving a "steady" 65-70MPH. Next tank I would push 80 MPH and mileage would drop considerably. I could probably get close to 20MPG if I had the standard ring and pinion gear set....

Engine Features:
Twin plug-crank fired
B&B Headers/muffler
K-27 7006 turbo
SC Cams
and .....285x17 tires(rear) 235x17(front)
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 07-17-2007, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)