View Single Post

WOW! That's hot.

My car has a passenger side fender oil cooler which comes online after 180 degrees, and if that doesn't provide enough cooling, my front mounted oil cooler comes on. My car briefly spikes to maybe 200 or 210 at the most before the front oil coolers kick in, one after the other.

In my records for my car I noticed that the previous owner had to replace the oil thermometer sensor thing at the engine bay oil tank area because the car was not sending oil to the passenger side cooler, and that might be a very simple explanation for what is going on with your car. Bad sensor?

If somebody else doesn't tell you the exact part, I will dig through my paperwork...

The stock intercooler isn't much help, but I don't think that is the problem here unless you were running your turbo the whole time and that caused your temp spike. An intercooler would help, but mainly when you are actually on boost. If you are just driving around, than your car is way too hot, IMO.

It was not an expensive part or anything. I can't say for sure that something is wrong, just seems like 240 is too hot.

I recommend getting a front mounted oil cooler, anyway.

You do have a passenger front fender cooler, don't you? You can run a plastic hose under the front of your car to force air on to your passenger side cooler. They sell ram air brake duct hoses which will work. Just strap the duct under your front bumper so that it scoops up plenty of air and blow it across the front of your cooler. Some people hook up fans, and front mount coolers often come with fans.

Last edited by DDDD; 08-02-2007 at 10:08 PM..
Old 08-02-2007, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)