View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx1 View Post
Thanks,

I found out the next morning that the temp gage was actually reading 212, not 242.... which is good. It goes from 180 to 210 and then 250....with the needle over the 210, it looked like it was 240. I am still getting to know the car.

At any rate, 212 IMO is pretty hot so I may take your suggestion and upgrade to hopefully keep it around 200 max.

It never hurts to have any extra cooling you can. 212 doesn't sound too bad, but you can probably do better with even some homemade tricks like the hose ducting and a fan. Maybe the Carrera fender cooler...

If you get a front cooler, you will need some sort of fiberglass spoiler to hang below your bumper up front and house the cooler. Since you aren't interested in the early look, you could try the RUF Yellowbird front bumper cap, which would replace your entire front bumper, but still retain all your lights and also it will look 'stock', or close to it. It is really aerodynamic. My friend has one on his car.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)