View Single Post
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Noah930 & John,
Thank you for your insight, I do agree that the rubber is one thing which I should be attentive to, but hopefully I will be able to do all of the replacement on the hoses, belts and such (only one that really scares me is the Air pump belt it looks like a bear to get to).
I have been looking at 930's with 70-90k miles, as I am not looking for and investment car, and I don't want a car I am afraid to drive, I also feel that a car that has been driven will provide fewer problems than a car with low mileage and dry seals.
Read that as: I would rather drive the thing for a while before I have to tear the motor out of it!
As far as the MY89 goes I agree, the 5spd would be great, but I am not willing to pay the premium that everyone is asking for it. Besides, I have heard that the 930 Box is remarkably strong (wasn't it used in the 934-5's?) Also at the tracks near my home: Thunderhill, Laguna, and Sears/Infineon, only Laguna would really benefit the 5spd. The rest would really work well with the long second gear on the 930 box....
Maybe I am just talking myself out of the G50 box because I can't afford it...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)