View Single Post
Automotive Monomaniac

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver77 View Post
Emission,
May I ask if you have done anything to your car, as far as HP mods? Being in CA and dealing with smog is my major concern, however if yours can sneak through w/o a air pump and with only cats I am going to be a very happy camper!
-Sean
My car has the K-27 Turbo. I had the "1 Bar" spring, but threw the stock (.8 bar) spring back on for engine longevity (the car is plenty fast anyway).

A couple years ago I pulled the CAT and stock muffler off and replaced them with a dual-out 3" diameter Fabspeed exhaust. My engine oil temps went down (less restrictive) and the power (and noise) went up. I guess in this config it is "track only" as far as the state is concerned.

When I choose to make it "street legal" I pull the Fabspeed exhaust and bolt on the CAT and OEM muffler (it doesn't take that long, really). It passes smog easily like that.

Most smog techs aren't used to looking at a flat-6 shoehorned into a rear-engine Porsche. Their confusion works to my benefit. I've never had an issue with the "visual" inspection.

- Mike
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)