View Single Post
Automotive Monomaniac

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver77 View Post
That is phenomenal! So just to clarify... have you also removed all the other hoses associated with the smog equipment?
I ask because I am looking at a car from out of state the current owner has the stock exhaust and cats, but it has an aftermarket system on right now. I was having second thoughts about getting it because of smogging issues, but if you are sneaking through with cats alone... I am super stoked!!!!
Yes, I sneak through (but I never thought much about it). My CAT was fried, so I purchased a brand-new one a couple years back. No problems with that thing bolted on the back.

Personally, I'd look for a car that has proven itself to pass California smog before I'd buy it. You can really get stuck with a big bill if that thing won't pass and you are holding the ignition key in your possession.

I wouldn't take the current owners word... Can they run the "California" smog tests on it in another state to see if it will pass?
Old 01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)