Thread: turbo oil leak
View Single Post
craigerz

turbo oil leak

I just bought an "82 ROW 930 from a gentleman that had not run the cart for 5 years. I noticed on the PPE that the turbo was quite oil soaked and caked on the lower 1/2 of the compressor housing and there was also a slight oil drip just sitting. It doesn't smoke out of the exhaust since it has been running, but only about 5 miles have accumulated so far... The price of the car reflected that and a couple other issues, but I'm wondering 1) how long before it really starts to smoke, and if it happens gradually or quickly, I know this may be hard to answer... 2) I have the mechanical prowess and tools to possibly rebuild it myself, any idea where a rebuild kit can be obtained? 3) If a kit isn't available, who and how much to get it rebuilt? 4) Or should I just pop for a k-27, where and how much, any chance of finding a good used one? The car is stock, right down to the ROW exhaust system... Many thanks!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)