View Single Post
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
It happens to everyone now and then. I had some persistent oil leaks coming from the fancy valve covers I had on mine, so I did some research, read a bunch of posts on here, ordered the factory 964 turbo valve cover gaskets (the carboard type ones, basically 930 ones) and put the car on the lift in the garage.

Once up there, I removed everything, cleaned all of the dried baked on oil and grime, and absolutely FAILED to notice that the vavle covers were designed for the 964 type valve cover gasket.

Reinstalled the valve covers with the cardboard type gaskets, put the wastegate back on, was happy with how it looked, and started the car.

It didn't leak oil, it absolutley poured oil out of it onto the floor. I mean a complete steady stream out of the drivers side. Then it hit me, 'Doh!

Long story short, I don't have any leaks anymore, but what should have taken a little bit of time, ended up taking a lot longer than I suspected.

(the fancy valve covers I had for the twin plugging where machined incorrectly, and I was very pleased that when I pointed it out, the company sent me a whole new set overnight via UPS no questions asked. I should also mention that they had been on my car for about two years as well.)

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)