View Single Post

Send a message via Skype™ to djdawson2
Test results before mods

Not sure what the "feeling" is about the use of the G-Tech on this forum... but I wanted to test a little prior to changing my turbo and intercooler, just as a sort of baseline.

I've had very positive experiences with the G-Tech in the past, having used it while doing runs at a dragstrip, with the largest error being 6/100's of a second.

Anyway... my car is an '89 that is essentially stock with the exception of Brian's muffler. I live in Colorado, and I did my runs at slightly above 5000ft.

0-60's were repeatedly right at 6 seconds. 1/4 mile runs were also a very consistent 14.1 @ 107mph.

One thing I learned, is that it seems there's no good way to launch this car. I tried a half dozen different methods... most resulting in a major bog, and one that was too much for the clutch. Regardless of the type of launch, the results were always about the same. The telltale figure is the 60 foot time. I was never able to get below 2.5 seconds, which is very poor. I routinely have been able to get 1.6 second results out of my other cars.

I'll be installing the K27 7200 with a B&B intercooler soon. It will be interesting to see what sort of change those provide.

That's it....
Old 11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)