View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hello all,

DonE, thank you very much for the offer, however, I still have my stock bars laying around.

A930rocket, They both did not break at the same time. I heard the first one snap after driving down 2 miles of a real harsh concrete road, with expansion joints every 10 feet. Then the second one gave up the ghost about a mile from my house. Like I said, I managed to limp it home, but just barely. That last mile riding on only the shocks was nerve racking...hope I didn't damage the shocks!

On real close inspection of both T-bars, they both had long term cracks, with rust visible in both cracks on both bars. The bar that completely fragged, was cracked end to end, with rust the entire length. The other had a rusted crack, about 8" long from 1 splined end.
I'm guessing that both bars were manufactured out of the same raw bar of material, and that bar had a flaw in it. I owned a machine shop for 16 years, and have seen my share of bad raw material. It happens, there is no 100% quality control from the mills, and I'm sure Sway-Away does not torque test or X-ray 100% of their product either.

I originally bought the rear bars from "Strasse Porsche parts and accessories". I tried to contact them via their web site, but it was no longer a working site.
I do not really think it matters much though, I mean the T-bars have been in the car for 2 years, I can not imagine anybody giving more than a years warranty anyway.

To the rest of you all, about coil overs. There is nothing that I would like better than to go with all 4 corner coil overs with E.R.P front control arms, E.R.P. rear spring plates, Fox front struts w/adj. height spindles, poly bronze bushings & mono balls through out.
However........THATS $7K BY THE TIME YOUR DONE...and I don't have it to spend at this juncture....sighhhhh.
Mark

Last edited by full quack; 12-20-2009 at 10:50 AM..
Old 12-20-2009, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)