View Single Post

Finally got my 930

I finally got my 930. Bought it from another board member (tarheel turbo) Just want to say thanks Brad for working with me while I was in Iraq, for your patience and your hospitality when I arrived in NC. Couldnt have asked for a nicer seller to work with. He was very honest in the description on the car. Just a great person all around. His new ride is just..... AWESOME.... lol.. Thanks for lunch and dinner and letting me crash at your house. I found a P.F Changs in New Mexico by the way. LOL... Speedwerks is a very nice shop to go to. Andy is a very cool guy to talk with.

Im sure you guys know Brad's old car but heres a pic of it in Florida. My pops is going to watch it while I go back to Iraq for another 5 months or so

The trip from NC to FL was about 8 hours in the rain. But it was still fun. Car gets a little squirelly in the rain with the R-compunds on it. LOL.. Somewhere near Atlanta I see this BMW M3 coming from behind, he pulls up next to me looking over at the car. Guess he seen the roll cage, me wearing the 5 point harness, and hears the Zork and turbo spool... he ends up shaking his head "no" to his friend and backs off... Thank God cuz there was no way I was going to race him. haha..

Car ran without a hiccup the whole trip. Hearing the Zork and the turbo spool up is AMAZING. Averaged 17mpg 98% of the time *******footing it. LOL.I dont plan on doing anything to the car other than replacing the truck carpeting and switching tires. Its perfect as is. Well im gonna try and turn down the boost to .7 or .8. Gas in NM is 90-91 octane. Thanks again Brad for everything. Im happy to finally be part of the Turbo community. My 85 targa is nothing compared to this amazing machine.

Last edited by AFD660; 12-21-2009 at 05:54 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)