View Single Post

Garage
unfortunately a leak down test is no longer an option as it's in short block status right now. I only checked #4 compression ring end gap (first one only) and I'm not even close to the service limit. I'll check the others, but I presume (read hope) they'll all be within spec.

I was thinking of sending out the heads regardless as my oil consumption was always a little higher than I would have liked.

As for the turbo/oil issue. compression housing I haven't inspected much yet, but looked to be fairly dry. Ironically, the turbo itself was one of the leaks I had. I checked the upper oil inlet pipe and it was dry, the oil leak seemed to be coming from the compressor housing. I know there is a large o ring there, but like you said, I would see oil inside the housing for that. Turbo only seemed to leak a drop or so when I drove the car hard. It's not an old turbo either, it has only 10-15K miles on it.

Thanks for all the input thus far. I'm a virgin when it comes to Porsche engines, but I'm not new to engines at all.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 12-29-2009, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)