View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
At 400 CHP, I wouldn't think you would overpower the clutch and tires. Sounds like you might have glazed the disk and/or flywheel.

Another thought is boost. How much are you putting out? Do you have a mech boost gauge? I found out I was spinning the tires because my wastegate was bad and boosting to who knows what.
I should mention that my tires are old Yokohama A540s that were stored for years in a Texas garage. They are starting to crack and don't offer much traction, I have new rubber but just need to get them mounted.

I believe my car has a 1 bar spring and I have an accurate digital boost gauge, I have seen it register 16psi at high RPM. Should I rebuild the WG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stup View Post
"If I hammer it in second it sometimes feels like it takes a long time to run through the gear and the acceleration doesn't exactly blow me away".

If it was slipping it would appear to run through the gear in no time and shoot up the revs but without accellerating the car as should

If the clutch was slipping in my opinion especially in a turbo charged 911 you will find that on boost it will slip quite severely and not just a little...An easy way to spot also is that it would also make your rev counter needle sweep up the revs inconsistantly and faster whilst slipping.
I've had slipping clutches before in other vehicles so I'm familiar with the feeling and how RPM is affected. I do agree that once they break loose they seem to heat up and slip more as torque increases.

It may be in my head since I know it was slipping before the adjustment and all I could think about was not wanting to drop the motor again. I know I had some boost and intake leaks before the engine drop but I pulled the intake and replaced all the vacuum lines before it went back in so those should be corrected.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)