View Single Post

Just to claify what you said. Are their 2 (or more?)types of cars then that came from RUF? One that was built from scratch as a bare body shell with no Porsche production standard VIN stamped anywhere. And then you say a RUF Converted at the factory car that had a stamped Porsche VIN ( not necessarily a ROW ) with additional RUF Vin numbers added to the chassis and this is all that were made that were genuine RUF? All others are not real even though they have the same parts and modifications using genuine RUF parts installed by RUF factory techs with RUF numbers added when built albiet away from the home factory? Also the ROW cars with RUF ID Plates, where in your estimation do they fit ? Also, It then should be easy to identify all the cars thay built( no matter where, if they sent the techs with the parts to do the conversion to a US car) if the factory is forth coming with any VIN question, from 1981 ( I've heard claim of fire damaged to early records). I'm not trying to dispute what you say, just clear up many misconceptions and misrepresentations made by many that are trying to establish what they have as I have heard many different stories over the years.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-31-2009 at 05:33 PM..
Old 12-31-2009, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)