View Single Post

After re-reading all this, it doesn't sound to me like clutch slipping. It's been my experience that when the clutches start to go, it isn't noticed so much as a general lack of power - but more catastrophic and obvious rpm increases with much diminished forward motion.

I wore out my stock clutch a few years ago, because it had much miles on it and I did the usual HP increasing mods. 2nd gear, or 3rd gear, floored and allowed to build from low rpms up...as soon as the torque curve and boost match up it would slip badly. For what it's worth: I'm not a clutch pro, just my experiences.

And on your boost level question: 16 psi spikes are not unheard of if you do indeed have a 1.0 bar spring. Do you see that 16psi sustained, or just momentary? Don't chase you tail until you know (1) that your boost gauge is accurate and (2) you've confirmed what spring is in your WG. So many things can contribute to spikes, and not just the WG.

By the way....nice color, nice year. We could park our cars side by side and get confused (other than the wheels, that is).
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)