View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitjunkie View Post
Mark,

You are correct, it's not mine. The original owner has a shop in Oregon and he sold the car to a local about 5,000 miles ago. He said that everything is documented and nothing was left undone. I live across the country, but I may make a trip out there to check it out. Do you think this car would require more maintenance than a well-maintained NA 911 of similar vintage?
Thanks,

Steve
That topic has been discussed and re-discussed on this forum (do a search if you have the time). The answer....yes, and no. Routine maintenance isn't really any different than a NA 911, but labor might be a bit more because of all the stuff that has to be removed for things like basic tuneups. The cost begins to escalate when things wear out. Turbos, pistons and cylinders, clutches, etc. that aren't common to 911's are more expensive to replace. The 930 is a high performance engine, and conditions in and around the motor are more brutal (heat, primarily). But notwithstanding the engine, things are pretty common...though a bit beefier suspension wise and with a bullet proof transmission....with a 911.

My opinion, proper and regular maintenance may run just a little more but not out of this world. Just my opinion, and so far it's held true with my car...so far!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)