View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930 porsche View Post
Mark, I am thinking just like you. But where else can we look at? What else is controlling any sort of pressure? Switch, relay, coil?
That's the point...there isn't much else in a 1978 (such as emissions stuff to go wrong), at least I don't think you have an O2 sensor and Lambda system to affect fuel mixtures. Nothing you've described makes me think it's ignition related, so I would continue to focus on fuel delivery. Typical faulty AAR symptoms are either a lack of high idle when cold, or a high idle that won't go away when warm. You don't have either symptom, so look elsewhere.

If your car is idling at only 1000 stone cold....especially with a working AAR...then you definitely have it running too rich. Try adjusting the air correction screw in the back of the throttle body....open it up a good half to full turn and see if you get a higher idle. You may be able to tune around the car stalling, but still need to find out why.

Do four things as least: (1) confirm that you have power to the WUR; (2) confirm that the WUR reacts to the power (i.e., control pressure increases as it warms up); (3) check all control presssures and the system pressure against specifications; (4) check for vacuum leaks in the intake plumbing (IC O'rings and the like). And #5...let us know what you find.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)