View Single Post
beancounter

My setup consists of an innovate LC-1 for wideband afr, an innovate DL-32 datalogger, and a Viliv X70 UMPC.

The innovate components are set for monitoring and logging of the following parameters:
1) AFR

2) CHT - using K-Type thermocouple wire with a ring terminal in place of the washer under a spark plug. I am monitoring cylinder #6.

3) RPM - taken off tach signal wire from electromotive ignition unit

4) MAP - using the DL-32's built in MAP sensor

5) Acceleration/braking G's - using the DL-32's built in accelerometer

The DL-32 is mounted below the passenger seat

I have a permanent gauge installed for purposes of monitoring AFR. I can trigger a log by pressing a button on my aux gauge panel and the DL-32 will record to an SD card. I can plug the SD card into my laptop at home for analysis after the fact.

Using the DL-32's serial output, I can plug into the Viliv X70 UMPC and monitor the system in real-time using the innovate logworks software. I can also datalog directly on the UMPC using logworks, instead of recording on the DL-32 SD card. In Logworks, I can also program triggered logs, where a log will be started upon a specific set of parameters (such as AFR>13 while MAP>100kpa).

Finally, as the UMPC is a fully functional windows based PC, I can do other things with it. I have Electromotive wintec software installed, so I can interface with the ignition system if needed. The Viliv X70 has a built in GPS receiver, and I have installed Garmin Mobile PC software for navigation. Works exactly like any off the shelf garmin navigator, but with a 7" touchscreen. I also have iTunes loaded up on the Viliv X70 and can jack in to the stereo, but I'm not very happy with its audio output quality. I don't care because I almost never turn the stereo on anyhow and prefer to listen to the mechanical music. I've got all the photo documentation of my rebuild on the Vilix, plus PDF scans of the factory service manuals, electromotive manuals, and innovate manuals. The viliv has built in WIFI so I can use it to browse pelican forums whenever I'm near a hotspot
Old 07-06-2010, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)