View Single Post
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Arrow Education is the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigel View Post
Lots of porcupine talk above - "Ooooooh - only Dieter or Manfred can put tires on my Fuchs."

What you do need to ensure is to stay with your wheels and keep an eye on them. Tell the tire guy you want him to be careful with them and that you'll tip him if he does a good job. That's worked well in every place I have been to with my Porsches. I even let them jack them up in my presence. They are very careful - just don't throw them the key and walk off to go shopping.

Good to hear Sam's paid up without hassle. That's probably the upside here, compared to a hole in the wall tire place that will dispute even doing the damage.

George
+1 George

I just went tonight to a sport car shop to have me wheel re-balance (know some one who deal with them).

I made sure that he knew that they knew each other. As I was talking to him (senior tech), another worker walk in and mention that he never seen a slant nose in Ottawa.

I invited the senior tech to come have a look and "touch it"... Sound silly but they now have a connection with the car.

I'll drop the rims there but he knows that I expect he does a good job because I told him I was going to the track, where is boss go.

You can get a bad job at a specialized shop while you can get a good one at a small shop if you culture the relation. No I would not take my car to a 15 minutes oil changer place, I do my own

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger

Last edited by JJ 911SC; 07-12-2010 at 07:13 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)