View Single Post
Yep, I've done that!

Garage
I do not suggest you try painting the black trim on the Lexan, it will not stick, use 3M vinyl, it works perfectly. It is what I had to do on my BMW race car.

Also you can see my home made sliders on the drivers side door. I took Lexan and bent it to form the sliders and then simply cut out a window, added felt stick on pads to keep it from scratching as it slid and fabed a lexan handle. BMWs are much harder as they have no window frame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Well I plan on having the lexan painted in a 2" bead all around the window frame for the rear quarters, doors and rear window and use black riv nuts so it won't be very apparent at all.

I plan on using rivnuts and a sealant to get it to be water tight and more importantly air tight. Althought I might just end up not using rivnuts if there is a good enough expoy sealant around.

Thanks for the replies and info guys! This is the look i'm going for just with a slider in the window:

86' 944 SPEC Car 'In Process' 2013 Debut
Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)